So I’ve just finished up my first year studying songwriting at university in London, gaining firsts or a 2:1 in every module. It’s been a really busy first year here balancing studying and touring but it’s been a lot of fun. Whilst studying here I’ve also been working with my lovely band, Andy Crowdy (bass) and Simon Price (drums) whose names you might recognise from my first album, and we’ve been joined by the fabulous multi instrumentalist Ealing based Pete Billington.
We’ve had a fantastic time at Knight Time Studios with Jim Knight over a few days in April and late June recording an E.P for release later in the year. I can now confirm it’s going to be called “What’s in Front of Me” and features 6 completely new original tracks.
It won’t be available until later in the year but we’re going to be out on the road in August for some dates where you can hear us, and we had an absolutely amazing time making it. I’ve popped some photos here if you want to take a look! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153634886667384.1073741839.61199707383&type=3
I’ve just added a bunch of new dates to my gig listings, including a headline date with Tokyo Rosenthal from the US and a support date with Chantel McGregor in October.
I’m going to be playing live at the UK Country Radio awards in September and I’m so excited to be bringing my lovely band to Old Bush Blues Festival and back up North for a home trip to Colne for the Great British R&B Festival. We’re gonna be rocking the British Stage on Friday night and the whole thing is going out LIVE on Radio Lancashire! I’ve also just confirmed a live radio/podcast session with Roots & Fusion for December… more details to come!
Full details and ticket links are below and I hope to see you at one of the shows! 🙂
- Aug 22th – BAND – Old Bush Blues Festival, Callow End – 1.30pm – WEEKEND TICKET only£50 http://www.old-bush.com/old-bush-blues/
- Aug 28th – BAND – The Great British R&B Festival, British Stage – 9pm – PLEDGE BADGE ACCESS – £4http://www.bluesfestival.co.uk/tickets/pledge-badges/
- Aug 30th – SOLO – Beartown Tap – Congleton Jazz & Blues Festival – 8pm – FREE ENTRY
- Sept 5th – SOLO – UK Country Radio Awards – Raddison Blu Hotel – Derby – 7pm – http://www.ukcountryradio.com/birthday.php
- Sep 10th – SOLO – Uxbridge Folk Club supporting Hungrytown, London – 7pm https://sites.google.com/site/uxbridgefolkclub/programme-2012-14
- Oct 3rd – SOLO – Saturday Live at the Chelsea Pensioner, London – 7pm – FREE ENTRY
- Oct 9th – SOLO – Supporting CHANTEL MCGREGOR – Playhouse, Halifax – 7.30pm – £13 ADV – http://www.solidentertainments.com/presents.htm#CHANTEL-HALIFAX
- Oct 16th – SOLO – True Troubadors: Double Header With TOKYO ROSENTHAL Korks, Otley – 8pm. TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Available fromhttp://www.korks.co.uk/events – £7 ADV
- Dec 6th – SOLO – Roots Acoustic Show – Bluefunk Rhythm and Blues Club, Poynton – £8 ADV – http://bluefunkclub.wix.com/blues#!lucy-zirins/c84